By becoming an American Legion Auxiliary member, you will join hands with nearly 1 million women who are members in more than 10,000 units throughout the United States and around the world. As an Auxiliary member, you will make a difference in the lives of veterans, their families and their communities. You will have the opportunity to educate children, organize community events and help our nation’s veterans through legislative action and volunteerism.
You will nurture tradition and foster change for the benefit of others. There is no greater gift than service to others, so join us in sharing the gift of service through the American Legion Auxiliary.
A woman who is eligible for membership in The American Legion is also eligible to join the American Legion Auxiliary.
The mother, wife, daughter, sister, grand-daughter, great-grand-daughter, or grandmother of members of The American Legion, and deceased veterans who served in the United States Armed Forces during the listed war eras.
- April 6, 1917 to Nov. 11, 1918 (World War I)
- Dec. 7, 1941 to Dec. 31, 1946 (World War II)
- June 25, 1950 to Jan. 31, 1955 (Korean War)
- Feb. 28, 1961 to May 7, 1975 (Vietnam War)
- Aug. 24, 1982 to July 31, 1984 (Lebanon / Grenada)
- Dec. 20, 1989 to Jan. 31, 1990 (Panama)
- Aug. 2, 1990 to today (Gulf War / War On Terrorism)